Jamaica Mission Trips
Jamaica is the third largest island in the Caribbean. The population is approximately 3,000,000. Although the official language is English, a cultural dialect, Patois, prevails in the rural areas. Poverty is extensive on the island; the average annual income is $1,500. Ignorance joined with confusion are the enemies to be fought on this beautiful island where spiritual darkness seems to be covering the people. While churches are abundant, a clear understanding of the gift of salvation and the empowerment of the Holy Spirit is uncommon.
Mission teams are hosted at the KBM mission base in Whitehouse, Jamaica. Our experienced staff assists in arranging, equipping and facilitating the entire trip. Teams may choose to minister in any combination of the areas in which KBM is involved from working with schools and hospitals to building a home for a family. Let us know your interest and we will match your team with a project just waiting for the workers to harvest!
Team Members will:
- Have dynamic, faith building adventures
- Gain new outlooks on Christian Life
- Experience life changing events
- Be stretched beyond their existing comfort zone
- Increase their understanding of cultural diversity
- Return home bold and passionate about reaching the lost with the Gospel of Christ
- Have opportunities to relax at the beach and snorkel in the beautiful, clear ocean water
Build for the Kingdom of God
- Build with your hands – churches and homes are in need of physical construction and repair
- Build with your words – words of encouragement are needed by everyone you will meet
- Build with creativity – drama, puppets, clowns, mime and other forms of creative expression are needed for ministry in the schools and hospitals as well as street evangelism events.
- Build with praise and worship – people of the island enjoy music very much; exemplify the authentic purpose of music
- Build with a servants heart – opportunities are sure to present themselves for each person to serve one another as Jesus taught his followers to do.
If you are interested in coming on a short term mission project, please contact us with the following information: Your name, Group name and approximate number of members, Contact information, Desired ministry involvement, Desired dates of trip.
Start Planning Your Mission Trip
Request a free mission trip planning packet. Learn how to plan for, promote and raise funds for your mission experience.
Prepare to be blessed as you are a blessing.